Lion King, Jr.
The question you're answering.
Why are the rights for Lion King Jr. restricted to schools? We have a non-profit children's musical group that emphasizes teaching children how to act, sing, dance, theater history, protocol, etc. I can't understand why we are not eligible for the privilege of performing this show. Definitely we are an educational group, and all ticket revenue goes back into the organization. We are all volunteers and none of us take a salary. Please let us perform this wonderful show!
You're in luck - As of today, The Lion King Experience is now available to license in North America for:
- Summer Camps
- Community Theatres
- Parks and Recreation Programs
*Please note the following restrictions:
- No more than 10 performances can be performed per production
- Tickets cannot exceed $15 per ticket
- Seating capacity cannot exceed 750 seats per performance
- All performers must be in 9th grade or younger
- No performers may be a member of any professional unions
- Billing must include qualifying sub-group above title ie: 'Summer Camp Production of' or 'Youth Production of' (Example: Green Bay Community Theatre's Summer Camp Production of, or Green Bay Community Theatre's Youth Production of) no other qualifiers are permissible
(Licensing Guidelines here.)